Skip to content
A little London lockdown 29.5.20
- We clapped for carers last night, perhaps for the last time. Though I have a suspicion we’ll be out rattlin’ those pots and pans again before we’re done with this damn virus.
- The picture you see was taken outside the Catholic care home at the end of the street.
- I’m no Christian but this is a beautifully run place and we always look forward to their Christmas and summer fund raising fetes.
- The daughter volunteered there for a while, dishing out dinners to the old and frail.
- When I irritate the daughter, she threatens to have me incarcerated there. Who knows could happen, but not yet please.
- Lockdown restriction are being slowly lifted, we can now meet up to six friends or family members in parks and private gardens.
- My friend Simon will get to see his new grandson Frankie. Lovely.
- Went to see Alfie and the boys at Convent Garden market to pick up the fruit and veg for the week.
- The strawberries are spectacular. Mrs Preen set fair to make strawberry jam.
- Strawberries mean Wimbledon and summer means cricket and the Chelsea Flower Show, but not this year.
- So many activities that are part of the London summer scene are nowhere to be seen.
- The weather continues to be spectacular. No rain, but after the UK nearly sank beneath the waves in one of the wettest ever Autumns, I’m good with that.
- Yeah you’re right, that is Rusty. Rubbish at social distancing.