Following exhaustive polling in Vauxhall using the latest data gathering techniques, ‘A Little London Life’ can reveal that the citizens of London SW8 are (almost) unanimous in thinking that England will crush the Nordic menace this Saturday.
- James said we’d win 1-0 with a header from Harry Kane
- Zoe was confident we would win 2-0
- Ossie went for a cautious 1-0 to Ingerlund
- Kevin said it would be 2-0 to Sweden (Damn, Kevin which side are you on?)
- Dan said he’d put money on England beating Sweden 2-1 (He was standing outside a betting shop)
- Peter also thought 1-0 would seal it for us (Frankly, he didn’t sound convinced)
- Anna from Brazil said England would win 2-1 on Saturday but Russia would win the cup! (Then she said something rather rude about Neymar in Portuguese)
- Mira said it would be 1-1 but England would win on penalties (I’ll have a heart attack if that happens again)
- At Max & Melia our local gift shop, Maxine thought it would be 2-0 to England and her assistant Angel went for a more cautious 1-0.
Finally, Rusty and I popped into Oval Eyes, where we met Andrea. She is Columbian and had watched the game with her English boyfriend, when we knocked her side out of the tournament. She said she was sad, but sportingly hoped England would beat Sweden and thought it would happen with penalties!
Those are the facts ladies & gentlemen, and you can’t argue with facts, the people of Lambeth have spoken.